The Trials and Tribulations of Self-Publishing Top 10
Her personal website is www.HillaryEPeak.com
10. So far, I’ve spent a lot more than I’ve made.
9. In my experience, good reviews sell more books than anything else. Check out bookrooster.com
8. It isn’t worth it to spend money to try and win an award.
7. The frugal ereader is worth the money.
6. Those free days on amazon are exciting–until you realize that you didn’t make any money. Plus, I haven’t seen the pick-up in reviews I’d hoped.
5. There are a lot of opportunities out there that are free or fairly cheap–particularly goodreads and facebook.
4. Facebook ads work, as do goodreads ads, if you are willing to spend a little money.
3. Doing a blog tour is really fun–and a lot of work.
2. Get into the Indie world, there is a lot of great information, help, support and new ideas!
1. If you have a good product, you can sell it, but it requires a lot of time and effort.