Today on the podcast I interview author Jon Mollison. He currently has three books out (see links below.) His story “Desert Hunt” appeared in StoryHack issue zero, which you can still get for free by signing up for the newsletter.
- [0:20] A little bit about Jon
- [4:01] Re: the #PulpRev crowd
- [4:30] How do you define pulp? Jon mentions these 5 pillars of pulp.
- [6:05] Action. Adventure. Romance. Heroism.
- [7:05] Jon plugs the magazine. Thanks, bro.
- [8:15] Classic Fictioneers
- [10:15] Modern Authors with Action, Adventure, Romance & Heroism
- [14:35] Jon’s writing proccess
- [17:15] I’ve only missed my goal to post this by what, 3 weeks?
- [17:30] Audiobooks
- [18:15] That time Lee Merriwether (60’s movie Catwoman) shot Jon.
- [19:30] Jon’s high tech recording setup revealed
- [24:40] What Jon is working on now.
- [28:30] The best advice
- [31:01] Jon pimps the magazine again. I swear, I’m not paying him to say this stuff.
- [32:20] Possibly Jon’s best line of the interview. “I have too much to read, and it’s still not enough.” I want this on a poster and a t-shirt. Maybe even a mug.
- [33:05] Seagull Rising
For more about Jon, go visit him on his blog. And buy his books.