I recently had a chat with with new pulp author Gene Moyers, whose story “Dream Master” is appearing in StoryHack, Issue 1.
Some notes from the interview:
- [0:25] Introducing Gene
- [1:00] What is pulp fiction to you?
- [1:45] How did you fall in with the New Pulp crowd?
- [3:35] Pulp-Specific Conventions (Windy City Pulp and Paper, PulpFest) and why they’re great.
- [7:03] Gene’s Hobby Shop
- [8:08] How Gene writes
- [10:50] Gene’s favorite classic pulps
- [12:40] What’s coming up for Gene
- [18:01] Modern authors Gene likes
- [19:00] Writing inspirations
- [21:00] Gene loves critical reviews (and positive ones, too.)
- [23:00] Gene’s story in StoryHack, Issue 1
For more about Gene: