Hi! I’m Bryce, and this is my blog.
I’m addicted to pulp-styled fiction. When I was a kid, some careless adult left a tape with several episodes of “The Shadow” lying around. After I listened to that, I was hooked. Pretty soon, audio just wasn’t enough and I moved on to to the paperback stuff. At first it was just hardboiled detective fiction, but then I started reading old Conan stories and yarns about John Carter of Mars. Now I’m pretty hopeless. In fact, I’m so deep into pulp fiction that I write my own. I also write stuff for my kids.
In real life, I’m the entire IT department at a real estate investment and management company. I usually just tell people that I’m a programmer, because that’s my favorite part (& the largest part) of my job. In a perfect world, however, I’d be a full-time writer. The writer part of me is the one you see on the blog most of the time.
Other stuff: I’m very religious (LDS). Politically, I am just about a Libertarian. I Love my family (a wife, two little girls, and a son). I love old pulp novels, radio theater, swing dancing, jazz and blues music, firearms, writing, reading and I believe in being prepared, supporting vetrans, and being respectful to people around me.
About the Blog:
Here on StoryHack you will find:
- My fiction – mostly delicious pulpy action adventure.
- Other fiction – I showcase old pulp stories and interview other writers.
- Notes and tools for writing, self-publishing, and marketing fiction. This includes my free outliner software, my free wordpress plugin, and my free wordpress theme.
- Amusing tidbits. Stuff I just can’t help but share.
- Other ramblings. Who knows what I might discuss here? I occasionally talk about pregnancy & infant loss (my wife and I lost a child), politics, things that make me angry, & anything else that happens to cross my mind.
Easily done over on the contact page.