This is the ad I’m placing in some local online classifieds as well as on craigslist.
Terrific Water Tank Trailer for Trade
I’m looking to trade this water tank trailer for something else. Something I want more than this tank. I’m not sure yet what would be, so go ahead and make me an offer.
About the trailer: this trailer has a big water tank on it. At one point, the tank held propane, however since that time a tap has been drilled and it’s been filled with water. As such it will no longer hold propane. Note the hitch type. You’ll need one of those hook trailer hitches to take it home with you.
As you can see in the pictures, the tank has been much used and well loved and is no longer in new condition.The tires hold air. They were put on new when the tank was purchased a couple of years ago. I have them back on the rim and pumped up, and as soon as I find my phone, Ill swap out the pictures.
* Put a leaky hose on it and drip irrigate your tomatoes all day long with warm water for a week, probably more.
* Tow it behind a jeep or something in a parade. Get all the kids in your neighborhood to walk behind it, filling their squirt guns on the fly so they can hose down parade watchers. You will be the most loved AND hated person in the parade.
* Hold cleanup water to make any location a possible scout camp.
* Put your keys in. That way you’ll always know where to find them.
* If you’re good with welding and torch cutting, you could cut into this sucker and make a truly epic mobile grill / smoker. You would be invited to all the cool parties. Bonus points if you coat it with heat resistant pink paint so that it resembles a pig.
* Use as cover during a firefight.
* Speaking of fire, you could paint it red and pretend it’s a fire truck.
* Fill with candy to make the world’s most extreme pinata.
I suppose I might accept a cash offer, but I’d really rather trade for something. Especially something interesting.
This is the beginning of an experiment wherein my father and I are going to make 20 total trades to see what we end up with. We suspect this process may take a while. If anything amusing happens with this, I’ll let you know.