StoryHack Action & Adventure is a modern day pulp. It celebrates pulse-pounding fiction that is fun to read and welcomes works from a variety of genres.
My goal is to build it up to be a pro rate paying market.
The General Plan
- Produce issue 0 <- I am here!
- Crowdfund issue 1
- Produce issue 1
- Crowdfund issue 2 or just skip to producing it, assuming wild success on previous steps
- Rinse, repeat until I can’t pulp no more.
Producing Issue 0
I’m funding and creating Issue 0 to use as a selling tool and a proof I have what it takes to edit and produce a magazine worth reading.
Right now, until 12:01 AM April 1st 2017, I’m accepting submissions.
Submissions are closed. They will open again probably mid May or early June, 2017.
To-Dos for Issue 0 production
Go insane and decide to start a zine. done
Set up business registration done
Set up business banking / paypal done
Draft a standard short-story publishing contract done
Set up some clever online way to sign contracts. done
Get the word out re: submissions (Submit to Duotrope, the submission grinder, various sympathetic pulp revolutionaries) done
Read submissions – Done! 4/12/2017
make selections done
Send out contracts done
- Send out author payments in progress 3 done
- Commission cover – in progress
- Commission some interior art (may or may not happen)
- Compile and lay out magazine for print
- Compile and lay out for ebook
- Publish and make available to the world!
- Use Issue 0 to promote major launch!
Specific information regarding submissions can be found on the Submissions page.
Submissions are currently closed.