This is a page for items that you might find useful in your writing. At least, they’ve helped me.
This is a “Best of” list. For a list of all posts See the Author Resources post archive
Stuff for Self Publishing Authors
- SPAB! (Self Publish a Book) – my free software that automates building the files used at the various self-publishing sites.
- Book WP – this is a wordpress theme that makes your blog look and work more like a book.
- Using Pandoc to Build Your ePub eBook
- How To Self Publish a Book - my online book that gives step-by-step instructions for self-publishing a book.
Stuff for All Authors
- Text Tree – An outlining program that I wrote a few years back. I stopped development a long time ago and released it as freeware.
- Version Control for Authors (on Windows) - 5 part series, the link is to Part I
- The Ultimate Fiction Writing Online Study Course
Fiction Writing Downloads (pdf)
I compiled these with permission a while ago.
- Ideas For Getting Published – by Randy Ingermanson. Includes information about writing query letters, proposals, and finding an agent.
- StoryWorld – by Randy Ingermanson. Create more a more engrossing world for your characters to live in. Great ideas, especially for fantasy/sci-fi writers.
- Dialogue And The Art Of War – by Randy Ingermanson. Write better dialogue between your characters. The notion that it should sound like real conversation is crap.
- How To Write A Fight Scene – by Randy Ingermanson. Make your fight scenes flow better. Make them more exiting. Make them better.
- Creating Characters- by Randy Ingermanson. Give your characters a little extra life and make them much more interesting.